Steamed Eggs

7:09:00 PM

I'm going to be honest with you.  I am a lazy cook who hates measuring.  Attention to detail is not one of my strong suits.  You know how people write "Great attention to detail!" on their resumes? I can't write that. It doesn't apply to me.  And yet, somehow, I've managed to get by okay.
 
Anything I post on this blog that is related to making food will be kept short and sweet -or savory. I will strive to fake fancy and skirt along the edges of healthy, but it will always be easy. Hopefully, you'll also find these recipes tasty!

Steamed eggs are a traditional Asian way of cooking these universally consumed sources of protein.  The dish is popular in both Chinese and Korean cuisine and can be served with any meal of the day.  It's my favorite way to make eggs when I'm in a rush and don't have time to cook a whole meal. Steamed eggs are usually made, obviously, by steaming.  In order to speed things up, I use my handy dandy microwave.


Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/3 to 1/2 cup water - depending on how you prefer the consistency
1/3 Tsp salt - I personally like to use garlic salt
1 Tsp sesame oil
Chopped scallions
 

As I mentioned earlier, I don't usually measure things out so this is a close approximation. I like my eggs to be mildly runny with garlic salt and lots of sesame oil.  The less water you add, the less runny it will be, so adjust to your preferences.
 

Add all the ingredients together and combine thoroughly.
 

Microwave for approximately 2.5 to 3 minutes and check the consistency.  If the eggs are not adequately firm, microwave for an additional 30 seconds at time.
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also don't like to measure things when I cook! :) On the side note: I love how you take photos! Keep it up :)

    www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete